Re: RAID Issues - RAID10 working but with errors

Reindl> Am 02.04.20 um 04:28 schrieb Adam Goryachev:
>> Is there a method to determine if this is a HDD error (ie, 2 drives that
>> have errors) or a cabling issue (with just these two drives) or some
>> strange driver/motherboard issue?

Reindl> just try by start with the cheapest option: cables

Reindl> when nothing changes switch where they disks are connected and you will
Reindl> find out it's the motherboard when suddenly one drive that was completly
Reindl> fine before has the same issue

>> I notice in the output below MD is showing a number of bad blocks on the
>> drives, and logs suggest that the drives have run out of "spare" space
>> to re-allocate these to.

Reindl> from the moment on some software stack is telling you about
Reindl> bad blocks on drives run fast and replace fast

Hear hear!  When the drive is saying it's not happy... go get some
more now.  I wouldn't even question the badblocks you're seeing, that
means it's dying.

John