Re: Requesting assistance recovering RAID-5 array

Hello Phil,

> your new motherboard or your distro appears to have reacted to the presence of whole-disk raid members by establishing Gnu Partition Tables on them, blowing away those drives' superblocks.

Yes, this was an unpleasant surprise.  Won't build them this way again.

> In particular, knowledge of the filesystem or nested structure (LVM?) present on the array will be needed to identify the real data offsets of the three mangled members.

I don't have the history of original creation, but I'm fairly certain
it was something straightforward like:

  mdadm --create /dev/md0 {parameters}
  sudo mkfs.ext4 /dev/md0
  mount /dev/md0 /mnt/raid5

After the array was corrupted I needed to comment out the mount from
my fstab, which was as follows (confirming ext4):

    /dev/md0                                      /mnt/raid5
   ext4    defaults        0       0

Cheers,
DJ