Re: mdadm not sending email

mdadm /dev/mdX --monitor --test

On 1/29/2020 4:56 PM, William Morgan wrote:
How do you test this? Is there a way to simulate an issue to see if the mail will be sent properly?

Thanks,
Bill

On Wed, Jan 29, 2020, 14:47 Leslie Rhorer <lesrhorer@xxxxxxx <mailto:lesrhorer@xxxxxxx>> wrote:

         I believe I have fixed the problem.  For anyone else who runs
    across this:

    1. Add both the following ines into /etc/mdadm/mdadm.conf

    MAILADDR <recipient>

    MAILFROM <sender>

    2. Create a symlink in /usr/sbin

    cd /usr/sbin

    ln -s ../bin/msmtp sendmail

    On 1/13/2020 8:00 AM, Leslie Rhorer wrote:
    >     I forgot to send this out to the list.  I apologize for any
    > duplicates.
    >
    > On 1/12/2020 6:47 AM, John Stoffel wrote:
    >> Leslie>  ??? I recently upgraded one of my servers to Debian
    Buster.?
    >> Leslie> I have been using sSMTP as my MTA, but unfortunately it
    is no
    >> Leslie> longer maintained.? I installed msmtp, instead, but now my
    >> Leslie> mesages are no longer going out from mdadm.? I can run the
    >> Leslie> command:
    >>
    >> This is a problem with your mail setup, not with mdadm.  I
    suspect you
    >> need to configure msmtp to use TLS and/or to submit the email
    to port
    >     It is using TLS.
    >> 587 on att.net <http://att.net>, where you do a full
    authenticated login.

    >     Nope, 465, which by the way is the default for SSL/TLS, and
    I am

    https://wiki.alpinelinux.org/wiki/Relay_email_to_gmail_(msmtp,_mailx,_sendmail

    "user@oursite.example"
    > #auto_from on
    > #maildomain att.net <http://att.net>
    >
    > from lesrhorer@xxxxxxx <mailto:lesrhorer@xxxxxxx>
    > user lesrhorer@xxxxxxx <mailto:lesrhorer@xxxxxxx>
    > auth on
    > password XXXXXXXXXXX
    >
    > # Syslog logging with facility LOG_MAIL instead of the default
    LOG_USER

    mail.domain.com <http://mail.domain.com>