Re: Two raid5 arrays are inactive and have changed UUIDs

Thank you for the encouraging response. I think I would like to
attempt to rescue the smaller array first as the data there is
somewhat less crucial and I may learn something before working with
the more important larger array.

> > md1 consists of 4x 4TB drives:
> >
> > role drive events state
> >   0    sdj    5948  AAAA
> >   1    sdk   38643  .AAA
> >   2    sdl   38643  .AAA
> >   3    sdm   38643  .AAA
>
> This array *should* be easy to recover. Again, use overlays, and
> force-assemble sdk, sdl, and sdm. DO NOT include sdj - this was ejected
> from the array a long time ago, and including it will seriously mess up
> your array. This means you've actually been running a 3-disk raid-0 for
> quite a while, so provided nothing more goes wrong, you'll have a
> perfect recovery, but any trouble and your data is toast. Is there any
> way you can ddrescue these three drives before attempting a recovery?

I do have plenty of additional disk space. If I try ddrescue first,
will that just give me a backup of the array in case something goes
wrong with the force-assemble with overlays? Can you give me some
guidance on what to do with ddrescue?

Thanks,
Bill