Re: Raid 1 vs Raid 5 suggestion

Ok, thank you for your suggestion. I'll consider it.

Luca

On 10/07/19 00:39, Reindl Harald wrote:

Am 10.07.19 um 00:17 schrieb Luca Lazzarin:
Hi all,

actually a server of mine has a 2x1TB Raid 1 array.
The disks are becoming old and to avoid possible problems I would like
to replace them.

Moving from 1TB of space to 2TB could be enough, but since I have to buy
the new disks I am considering different possibilities, which are:
1) 2x2TB Raid 1 array;
2) 3x2TB Raid 1 array;
3) 3x1TB Raid 5 array;
4) 3x2TB Raid 5 array (I know, this will give me 4TB of space, which
probably are enough for the next 10 year);
5) 4x1TB Raid 6 array.

Which one, in your opinion, would the the best solution?
RAID6 - when you plan for many years you should avoid single redundancy,
it gives some peace of mind when you know when a rebuild is running that
you survive aonther crahsing disk

personally i would always use RAID 10 no matter if it's HDD or SSD for a
great balance of redundancy and performance, i don#t igve a shit about
the "wasted" space when i plan for years of use