Re: raid5 - failed to assemble array

Hi,

Le 11/10/2018 à 21:18, Geoff Richmond a écrit :
I have a raid5 array with 3 disks, that fails to assemble.

Is there anything I can do to assemble this array and recover data? Is it recommended to try "mdadm --assemble --scan --force"?

I would not recommend that you do a force assemble.

Looking at your disks, 2 of them have a fairly close events count, but the 3rd disk is completely off.

I think that you *may* have a chance to reassemble if you only use the two disks that have a close enough events count, and leave the 3rd disk missing, which effectively will assemble your array in degraded mode, but that should still be good enough to read your data.

Before you run any kind of mdadm command to try to reassemble your volume, which could make things worse, do you, by any chance, have room on another disk where you could image those two drives (e.g. 6TB of free disk space) ?