Re: question for documentation writers

On 03/05/18 04:07, o1bigtenor wrote:
Greetings

https://raid.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/Setting_up_a_(new)_system#Setting_up_UEFI

basically leaves an empty hole with no information.

Well, the editor doesn't have any experience of it as yet ...

As any system that has any disk of more than 2 TiB (IIRC) needs to use
a UEFI system setup it would seem useful to have at least some
information here.

UEFI and disk size are unrelated, as I thought the wiki made clear. My system does bios-boot with two 3TB drives. The 2GB thing is MBR/GPT - mbr cannot cope with more than 2TB.
Just to complicate things even more with an EFI boot
things work better using rEFInd for a boot loader and how that
interacts with mdadm and its related items - - - well there is no
mention in the wiki of this option either.

Nobody who does it has written it up ...

Thank you for considering adding to the existing documentation.

Well, it looks like I'm going to get the chance to settle down and build my new system, so it will hopefully be documented. As far as I can tell though, whether you use bios or uefi depends very much on the motherboard - before uefi became mandatory it was a check-box that was usually unusably buggy, now that it is mandatory bios it bit-rotting.

Cheers,
Wol