Re: Replace disks

On Tue, Mar 27, 2018 at 06:53:30PM +0500, Roman Mamedov wrote:
> Other than showing off that you're gung-ho with command-lines

It's a simple command. It's not an undocumented feature, either.
With RAID 0 it's actually the only way that works. I'm not sure
what your beef is here.

> can you guarantee it wouldn't FIRST reshape the
> array onto a number of missing devices, massively degrading or eliminating
> redundancy, and only then would start with the "add" operation (to "fill in
> the blanks" and start a rebuild)?

Thankfully I'm not an mdadm developer or I would be a bit miffed at
this point since you obviously believe mdadm was written by a goldfish.

I thought perhaps you'd have to add something of substance,
like how I forgot to add mdadm --remove in my previous mail.

Or why oh why does mdadm --grow --add add devices in reverse order.
Not that it matters other than a cosmetic problem.

Regards
Andreas Klauer