Automatically start two-level mdadm RAID arrays (i.e. RAID 60) on boot?

Hi all,

My site is very happily using MD RAID arrays constructed in two
levels. That is to say, we do RAID 60 by constructing an mdadm RAID 0
out of a number of mdadm RAID 6 strings.

These work great but one thing we have found and been living with is
that, when the system boots, mdadm will automatically start all the
RAID 6 strings, but it will not automatically start the top level RAID
0 container. The machine pauses on boot ("Hit S to skip, M to manually
resolve") trying to mount the RAID because the device is not
available, and a sys admin needs to manually go to the console and
start the top level RAID 0 to continue the boot.

In an attempt to reduce a little bit of toil and make it easier for
staff to reboot machines for service, I wanted to ask the list if
there was some way to get mdadm to automatically start the top-level
RAID 0 containers without operator intervention in this type of
scenario? I'm not sure if it's just an issue of inserting a little
delay somewhere between starting all the RAID 6 strings and attempting
to start the RAID 0, or if there is some configuration parameter I
have missed.

Thanks!

Sean