Re: Buffer I/O error... async page read

On 07/02/18 07:02, Liwei wrote:
> I was referring to the metadata formats
> "https://raid.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/RAID_superblock_formats"; page
> while trying to figure things out and noticed that it too is outdated.
> I'm willing to help update the wiki in whatever ways I can if someone
> can approve my account.

I think your account is probably all set up and working. There's just a
magic formula to getting it activated :-) Ask for a password reset :-)

And please don't edit that page if you think it's badly out of date. I'm
intentionally leaving old pages there for historical reasons - if you
scanned down the wiki you'll have found that page in the "The Valley of
the Kings" section :-) (If you do create a new page, just put a note at
the start of the old page pointing to the new one.) Thing is, I've lost
a lot of references to lilo, grub-1, PATA drives, etc etc, and if
someone has an old system they'll want to find the old stuff.

Find a place in the current setup where you think it fits nicely,
rewrite it from scratch all up to date, and slot it in. Also note the
"editing guidelines" - they're pretty slack but I am trying to keep a
consistent editorial feel to the site - it just makes it a much
pleasanter place to read.

Cheers,
Wol