Re: Additional RAID1 not assembling on reboot

On 10/30/2017 03:50 AM, Ron Leach wrote:
> List, good morning,
>
> A RAID1 array that we recently created is not assembling automatically on system restart (other RAID1 arrays are assembling correctly).  I can
> re-assemble it using
>
> # mdadm --assemble md5 -u <- the long hex uid ->
>
> mdadm.conf does not list this additional ARRAY, and I wondered whether this might be why the array is not automatically assembling.  May I ask whether
> it would be safe to add an ARRAY line in mdadm.conf for this new RAID1?  mdadm.conf appears to have been automatically created and I am concerned
> whether any manual entries I make might subsequently be overwritten.

This was probably generated by the installer and mdadm --detail --scan .

I don't know of a distribution that makes any changes to that file after initial installation, but you might as well look through the documentation
for your distribution related to md. Also, the worst that would happen is the file gets overwritten, in which case you're back to where you started.

Whatever distribution it is, you'll probably also need to rebuild your initramfs/initrd after making the change.

--Sarah