Re: MDADM RAID 6 Bad Superblock after reboot

On Wed, Oct 18 2017, sfunk1x wrote:

> On 10/18/2017 12:40 PM, Wols Lists wrote:
>> What does --detail tell us about the array?
>
> https://imgur.com/a/Own0W
>
> Apologies for the imgur link, but this was the easiest way to
> communicate --detail.

Anything is better than nothing..  Can we get a photo of "mdadm
--examine" output on one of the devices (e.g. /dev/sda1) ??

Also, what mdadm version (mdadm -V) and kernel version (uname -r)?

>> Are you sure the three drives were added? SELinux has a habit of causing
>> havoc. Did the available space on the array increase? Did you check?
>
> Yeah. The array took about 17 hours to rebuild with the three drives
> added (I had expected over 24 as that had been my experience with adding
> the 5th drive long ago), and I had immediately started using the extra
> space. The extra 8+ TB showed up in --details, as well as df, and my
> guests could see the extra space.
>
> The SELinux audit log, however, was very clear about mdadm not being
> able to edit the conf. And it's true - the conf file did not have the
> extra drives added. I've since audited and applied a rule to allow the
> editing of the conf file, but the system is currently in permissive mode
> until the array is back online. I can disable if needed.

mdadm never tries to edit mdadm.conf.
It does modify files in /run/mdadm (or maybe /var/run/mdadm).
Can we get a photo of that audit log?

I'm very suspicious of these new drives appearing to have not metadata.
Can you
   od -x /dev/sdf | head
   od -x /dev/sdf | grep a92b
and provide a photo of the output?