Re: Need Help for Raid Recovery

Hi,

I got the problem solved with some luck.

I am not sure how the problem came out. The thing was that the server
suffered from a sudden power-off and went into the emergency mode
(centos 7) after power resumed. In the emergency mode, I could not
assemble md0 and also could not see some of the physical volumes (which
actually had made me panic), and the system could not enter the default
mode after reboot.

Then after a few tries I simply ran 'mount -a' as suggested on the web.
It said /dev/sdd1 could not be found, though I could see sdd1 by running
'ls /dev'. So I commented out sdd1 in /etc/fstab, and had the system
enter the default mode after rebooting twice. Surprisingly and
differently from what I saw under emergency mode, all the filesystems
including md0 were just fine, even if I had deleted the line about md0
array in mdadm.conf file.

I am not quite sure about what actually happened, but what I learned is
that the filesystems one can see under emergency mode are different from
that under default mode (probably because of the minimum load). So don't
panic if one finds some pvs, lvs or even raids disappear for no reason
under emergency mode. Try to find which filesystem is actually missing
(e.g., run 'mount -a') and comment it out in the fstab file. Then try to
boot into the default mode, and most probably, all files are just as
good as what they were.

Thank Wol and Hank anyway for the reply:)

Best,
Xuesong