Re: [opensuse] raid device mounting problem in Leap 42.2

On Fri, Jul 14 2017, Wols Lists wrote:

> On 13/07/17 23:46, Istvan Gabor wrote:
>> On Wed, 12 Jul 2017 17:05:17 +0300, Andrei Borzenkov wrote:

>>> Quite the opposite. Attempting to shrink filesystem that is already
>>> effectively corrupted is potentially dangerous. So the right thing
>>> here is to stop md, backup superblocks (in case they will be
>>
>> I am puzzled. Do I need to backup the raid superblock or the device
>> superblocks or all?

You cannot have too many backups.

>>                      How do I backup the superblock? I googled but only

mdadm --dump=/some/directory list of devices.

>> find how to recover from superblock backup.
>>
> The best bet is to ask the linux-raid list what to do.
>
> For the raid list, this is the array I mentioned where the filesystem,
> and the partitions the raid was on, were the same size.

To the byte?  I really like to see the output of commands that report
sizes, rather than have someone claim "were the same size".  It isn't
that I don't trust you.  I just don't trust humans in general (myself included).

NeilBrown