Re: My MD is too big to resize ext4.

On 08/07/17 15:40, Reindl Harald wrote:

Am 08.07.2017 um 09:34 schrieb Brad Campbell:
Alternatively, find a machine with 6 slots, build a RAID6 from the
drives you already have. Copy the data across, re-format the new array
and copy the data back. A bit of double handling, but no loss of
redundancy or integrity. Run md5 or something over all the files to
make sure it's all good, or use rsync with the "always checksum"
option, although this is slow

--checksum
If the file size and time match, it will do a checksum at both ends to
see if the files are really identical

that won't do much when the target is empty

Sorry, if you read the man page I thought it'd be pretty obvious you need to run it twice and I didn't need to explicitly spell it out.

Brad