Re: 4.11.2: reshape raid5 -> raid6 atop bcache deadlocks at start on md_attr_store / raid5_make_request

On 22/05/17 22:38, Nix wrote:
> Everything else hangs the same way, too. This was surprising enough that
> I double-checked to be sure the patch was applied: it was. I suspect the
> deadlock is somewhat different than you supposed... (and quite possibly
> not a race at all, or I wouldn't be hitting it so consistently, every
> time. I mean, I only need to miss it *once* and I'll have reshaped... :) )
>
> It seems I can reproduce this on demand, so if you want to throw a patch
> with piles of extra printks my way, feel free.

Could this be the long-standing bug that hangs raid5 and raid6 reshapes?
I don't remember it being found and fixed. iirc (it's too long ago) it
hit people adding a drive to a raid5 (occasionally a raid6), and was
fairly easy to get round. Again it's too long ago but stopping and
starting the reshape fixed it usually iirc.

Cheers,
Wol