Re: Fault tolerance with badblocks

On 05/09/2017 04:01 PM, Nix wrote:
> On 9 May 2017, Phil Turmel told this:

>> The bottom line is that any kernel that implements the auto-correct you
>> seem to think is a slam dunk will be shunned by any system administrator
>> who actually cares about their data.  Your obtuseness notwithstanding.
>
> Gee, thanks heaps. Next time I want randomly insulting by someone who
> doesn't bother to tell me his actual *arguments* in any message before
> the one that starts on the insults, I'll come straight to you.

Ok, yeah, I was a bit harsh.  Ad hominem is not appropriate.  Not that
the shunning wouldn't happen.

As for the arguments, well, *everyone* on this list is providing
arguments and you are ignoring them.  Whether you are filtering facts on
pre-conceived ideas about raid6 or simply can't understand the points,
the result *appears* obtuse.

And now, please all drop me from the CC.

Phil