Re: Trouble reassembling RAID10

On 21/02/17 18:38, Roger Roglans wrote:
> Hi Phil,
>
> seems very useful to know in the future. I ended up just assuming
> clean and using "--create". Since I was able to discern the exact
> configurations, I was able to mount it and am currently transferring
> data. I know it was not the ideal solution but I believe that it
> worked out with only minimal corruption. I might have problems with
> another array soon. If so, I will certainly contact this mailing list
> again.

If I can plug my own work :-) there is now a section on the linux wiki
about troubleshooting an array, and what data to gather for the list.
Look at

https://raid.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/Linux_Raid#When_Things_Go_Wrogn

That should be enough to fix simple problems or, for more serious ones,
you'll have the bulk if not all the information the members of the list
will need, saving the back-and-forth of "can we have this, can we have
that".

If you find any problems with the information on the wiki, let me know
and I'll endeavour to fix it.

Cheers,
Wol