Re: sector size mismatch a problem for RAID 1?

On 03/02/17 06:18, Boylan, Ross wrote:
> When I moved the new disk to an internal drive bay (after reading lvm-raid wiki's statements that RAID shouldn't be used over a USB link) the problems went away--at least so far.

As I understand it, the problem is that the USB interface goes to sleep.
So when you try to write to it, it may not wake up quick enough, causing
havoc ...

> I wonder if this  is the source of my original problem: I was using a single disk RAID1 where the single disk had a USB connection.  However, I did get a failure off that drive doing a dd off the raw device.

Quite likely. But I'm puzzled as to why the dd would fail, as this would
keep the USB interface active. Maybe others who know more will chime in
and explain.

> Ross

Cheers,
Wol