Raid wiki - was Re: MDADM grow /dev/md0 - chunk size

On 22/01/17 22:52, NeilBrown wrote:
> And... please don't send nag emails so soon - it was barely more than
> 24hours after the original.  This just comes across as rude and
> impatient.  People have other commitments.
> My rule of thumb is to wait at least a week before resending - and then
> resend the full text of the original.  Your nag email was not only too
> soon, but contained no detail and so was useless.

Just to point out - to everyone :-) - that the linux wiki is currently
being maintained so pointing people at it is a good idea.

And there's a page called "asking for help". Not only does this tell
people all the commands (like "cat /proc/mdstat", "mdadm --detail",
"mdadm --examine") they should be running to get the info the list is
likely to want, but

*almost the first thing* on that page is a reminder that many of us here
are volunteers, and prompt replies are a privilege not a right. Lusers
get spoilt in that we take pride in our work.

But can I ask, if you do point people at the wiki, just take a quick
glance yourself first. And if you do spot a mistake on the wiki,
brickbats and fixes are welcome :-)

Cheers,
Wol