Re: SAS disk from RAID card (no RAID mode) problems

On 27/12/16 17:12, Thomas Fjellstrom wrote:
On Tuesday, December 27, 2016 8:53:07 AM MST IW News wrote:
On 26/12/16 22:25, Thomas Fjellstrom wrote:
On Friday, December 23, 2016 9:01:40 AM MST IW News wrote:
Hello,

First message here.

After looking for a solution without any luck I have found this list. I
hope someone can help me with this.

I have an ASUS P6T Deluxe with a MARVELL 88SE63xx SAS RAID controller.
There are to identical 400GB SAS SSD drives attached to it. One of them
has a Windows 10 installation, the other one Linux.
Grub is installed on the second disk.

Windows works as expected, but I have problems with the Linux
installation: the desktop environment freezes for some second once in a
while. This occurs with Mint Cinnamon, OpenSuSe KDE, Ubuntu and Manjaro
KDE. All of them are current installations. I'm now working in up to
date Manjaro KDE (kernel 4.9.0).
When the temporary freezes occur the mouse pointer moves, some windows
are updated correctly, other do not and DE stops working.
When this happens always I have a system log like this:
If thats the mvsas driver, god help you. I had nothing but troubles with
it
for a good year or two or possibly more and it was never fixed or really
acknowledged, so I sold that card (a supermicro aoc-saslp-mv8) and picked
up a IBM m1015 (LSI 9211-8i a-like) and haven't looked back.

Basically it would reset a lot, and lock up. AND I believe it caused a lot
of silent corruption as well.
Hi,

So there is no support for the mvsas driver?

The controller is integrated in the motherboard. I could by a PCIe one
but, what's the deal them?

Thank you.

Iñigo.
I don't know that there isn't support, there has been commits to that driver
pretty regularly even when i was having problems. I just found there was no
support for my particular chipset. I hope you fare better than I did. Contact
linux-scsi as was suggested, maybe they can help.

I already contacted. No answer.

Maybe there is no mvsas developer active there now.