Re: Issue with growing RAID10

Keld,

This is not a 'one-off' issue I'm trying to resolve. It may be
possible in the future that we have to add disks to thousands of
arrays consisting of hundreds of TBs of data. This should also be able
to be automated. It is also possible that we never have to add disks,
but we can't be backed into that corner, we would just stick with
RAID1 at that point. We just ran across RAID10 as what seemed to be a
solution to the problem we were having and are exploring the options.
It may be possible that we can 'adjust' the code to work for us, but
this is a bit out of our realm. Someone here might be able to say "oh,
that should be easy to add" if it isn't already there, where it would
take us weeks to understand the code, etc.
Robert LeBlanc
PGP Fingerprint 79A2 9CA4 6CC4 45DD A904  C70E E654 3BB2 FA62 B9F1