Re: RAID boot documentation

On 02/11/16 16:51, Doug Dumitru wrote:
> Neil,
>
> Thank you very much.  If I chose to write up some documentation on
> this, where/who might want it?  udev documentation in general seems
> quite weak.

I would be only too happy to see it on the raid wiki. Not quite sure
where I'd put it, but it's technical documentation, and I want that sort
of thing there.

Note, however, that Neil did make considerable mention of systemd and
udev. I run gentoo, which defaults to OpenRC, and my attempts to boot a
gentoo system with systemd have currently run foul of a non-starting
network ... So please make sure that it's written with the systemd/udev
assumptions very clearly spelt out ... :-) (I'm not the refusenik, it's
just that I can't get a systemd system working with my distro of choice :-)

Cheers,
Wol