"SCT Error Recovery Control" disabled by suspend.

Mostly just a note for others like myself that are using software RAID in
a more "desktop" setting. Short version is "Oops, I forgot that the
drives needed to have volatile settings reset on wake up...

Some months back I learned about setting smartctl -l scterc /dev/sd[ab]
in rc.local. This is a home desktop system with Fedora 24 using two
single terabyte drives with raid 1.

The other day I checked in on this group to see if there is anything new
I should be aware of and found a thread that had me double checking my
work and I found:

>sudo smartctl -l scterc /dev/sda
[sudo] password for doug:
smartctl 6.5 2016-05-07 r4318 [x86_64-linux-4.7.9-200.fc24.x86_64] (local
build)
Copyright (C) 2002-16, Bruce Allen, Christian Franke,
www.smartmontools.org

SCT Error Recovery Control:
           Read: Disabled
          Write: Disabled

>sudo smartctl -l scterc /dev/sdb
smartctl 6.5 2016-05-07 r4318 [x86_64-linux-4.7.9-200.fc24.x86_64] (local
build)
Copyright (C) 2002-16, Bruce Allen, Christian Franke,
www.smartmontools.org

SCT Error Recovery Control:
           Read: Disabled
          Write: Disabled

I verified that the rc.local entries worked correctly and I rebooted to
make sure that the settings were going in on reboot.  I am using:

>grep smartctl /etc/rc.d/rc.local
/sbin/smartctl -l scterc,70,70 /dev/sda
/sbin/smartctl -l scterc,70,70 /dev/sdb

When I discovered them being "Disabled" I had a six day uptime so I let
it sit with a note to recheck periodically and this morning I found that
it is disabled again. After getting a Raspberry Pi I no longer run my
desktop like a server and am currently using "systemctl suspend" every
day. I just confirmed that the scterc setting gets lost during supspend.
I also realize that this should have been obvious since the drive is
fully powered off by suspend and only the RAM is powered (at least that
is my understanding).

I already added something to be run at wake up to "tickle" the screen
saver so I will see about adding this.

I would be happy to learn about any best practices regarding this.

--
Doug Herr