Re: Bitmap in RAM?

If I remove it entirely, I won't be able to re-add drives at all. If I move it to a tmpfs, then I can re-add them, but not across reboots - and with no downsides, which I want to confirm. So this would be better than removing it completely.

I've thought about it and switched the external bitmaps to the chunk-size of 65536, which apparently is the default for intermal bitmaps. They've become much smaller, which means the default size selected for them before was indeed much higher. I'll see if I notice any difference the next time I'm moving data around; maybe the load will indeed be negligible.