Re: Linux raid wiki - setting up a system - advice wanted :-)

Hi Wols,

Based on my own experience, you can do it without trashing the array.
However, I should note, that I have never done it this way to an array
that I was booting from.  But, as long as you've set up GPT to account
for the 2MB boundary.  If you use "parted" or the graphical
equivalent, "gparted", you can account for that in newer drives above
the 2TerraByte capacity anyway with 1MB instead of 2MB.  So if you add
a little extra padding, say 3MB (2MB for your grub, 1MB for a blank
section that all drives above 2TB require), you should be in good
shape.

Perhaps someone else can chime in also, to confirm.