Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2016 11:34:21 -0700
From: Gene Wirchenko <genew@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: "Seagate NAS hack should scare us all" (Roger A. Grimes)

Roger A. Grimes, InfoWorld, 20 Sep 2016
An under-the-radar news story proves that computers are far from the only
devices prey to attack
http://www.infoworld.com/article/3121338/security/seagate-nas-hack-should-scare-us-all.html

opening text:

No fewer than 70 percent of Internet-connected Seagate NAS hard drives have
been compromised by a single malware program. That's a pretty startling
figure.  Security vendor Sophos says the bitcoin-mining malware Miner-C is
the culprit.

  [At peak, seek to tweak the weak link.  This reeks of leaks that peek as
  well.  PGN]