Re: Linux raid wiki

Thanks.

My understanding of role numbers is that they are the order of the disks
in which stripes are written, so role 0 has the first stripe, role 1 the
second, etc etc.

This is *normally* irrelevant, but should the array ever get trashed,
the disks need to be listed *in* *that* *order* in a new --create statement.

Can someone - Neil? Phil? - please confirm I've understood that
correctly before I update anything ...

(and I will be posting updates to the list - anything I'm not sure of I
will be asking here to check I get it right :-)

Cheers,
Wol