Re: bootsect replicated in p1, RAID enclosure suggestions?

$ mdadm --version
mdadm - v3.2.5 - 18th May 2012
$ uname -a
Linux hostname 3.2.0-107-generic #148-Ubuntu SMP Mon Jul 18 20:22:08 UTC 2016 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
$ cat /etc/lsb-release
DISTRIB_ID=Ubuntu
DISTRIB_RELEASE=12.04
DISTRIB_CODENAME=precise
DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION="Ubuntu 12.04.5 LTS"

And I think there must be a bug in referencing the beginning of a
partition vs the beginning of the disk which leads to this.  Back when
I was using raw disk devices I had corruption in the first cylinders
which also held the mdlabel and I thought the lack of a partition
table was the problem... obviously not.

Could very well be a bug in USB enclosure firmware too.  Hard to know
how to proceed.