Re: Inactive arrays

On 03/08/16 20:18, Daniel Sanabria wrote:
> Ok,
>
> Unfortunately the PSU replacement didn't help and I could be facing a
> failed motherboard/cpu :( My question now is, is it possible to
> restore the arrays in a new machine?

Your comment about the system starting up and shutting down almost
immediately implies to me a faulty on/off switch. It could be that
simple. Or of course, it could be worse. Like so many things nowadays,
on/off is controlled by software and if the switch is stuck ...

You might find all it needs is a new case. Or you might not.

But yes, if it's all linux software raid, then sticking the disks into a
new machine should work fine - the new machine should just come straight
up unless you're running an optimised kernel.

(That doesn't imply the arrays will :-( you might need a bit of fixing
for them, but if the machine boots successfully you're most of the way
there.)

Cheers,
Wol