Re: GPT corruption on Primary Header, backup OK, fixing primary nuked array -- help?

On 27/07/16 00:18, Chris Murphy wrote:
   The real question for me is what is the effect of having /dev/sdc1 and
>/dev/sdd1 as unused partitions on the drive while I'm using the whole drive. Is
>that something that can bite me later?
It already bit you. All you have to do is forget again that you're not
using this partition table for anything, and then try to repair it and
you're back in this same situation. You or someone else who ends up
managing the drive. So yeah, it's not an in-use valid structure so I'd
invalidate it so that libblkid unambiguously tells you the only
signatures that matter onthe drive -> drives are not partitioned, they
are completely under the control of mdadm, and the logical array from
those members is ext4 or whatever.
And once you've blown away the GPT, those partitions won't exist anyway. The only way anything should be able to find any trace of them will be if you run a forensic data recovery tool.

Cheers,
Wol