Re: RAID6 Array crash during reshape.....now will not re-assemble.

On Wed, Mar 02, 2016 at 03:46:48AM +0000, Another Sillyname wrote:
> As all the drives are showing Reshape pos'n 0 I'm assuming the reshape
> never got started (even though cat /proc/mdstat showed the array
> reshaping)?

I fixed such a thing by editing RAID metadata to no longer be in
reshape state... incomplete instructions:

https://bpaste.net/show/2231e697431d

The example above used 1.0 superblock I think; in order to adapt this
successfully to your situation you should refer to

https://raid.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/RAID_superblock_formats#The_version-1_superblock_format_on-disk_layout

If current mdadm/kernel has a way to get out of this ditch directly of
course that would be so much better...

Apart from that, the other alternative that comes to mind is using
--create but for that to be successful, you have to be sure to get all
variables right (superblock version, data offset, raid level, chunk
size, disk order, ...) and use --assume-clean and/or missing disks
to prevent resyncs and verify the results in read-only mode.

Regards
Andreas