Re: Raid 1 needs repair

Good morning Phil.
I was hoping you are around - thanks for answering.
The distro is a ubuntu lts server version 14.04.

I was able to chroot und grub-install /dev/sdb.
The system is booting again. The md0-Array needs to be fixed now.

My docu for doing so is
mdadm --manage /dev/md0 --fail /dev/sda1    # mark as failed
mdadm --manage /dev/md0 --remove /dev/sda1  # remove failed disk from array
mdadm --manage /dev/md0 --add /dev/sda1     # add new disk to array (assumed
same or greater space for partition)

Can you confirm this?

Thanks for your help.