Re: Offline array, events count mismatch

Hi Guillaume,

On 11/08/2015 09:49 PM, Guillaume Paumier wrote:

[trim /]

> Looking at those event counts, my understanding is this:
> * Two of the disks (sde, sdf) were dropped from the array for some reason.
> * I didn't notice this immediately (an issue I'm addressing separately).
> * A third disk (sdj) encountered a small issue today.
> * The array went offline because it didn't have enough disks to function
> cleanly any more.
>
> If I understand the documentation [1] correctly, since the event count for sdj
> is very close to the event count of sd[b,c,d,g,h,i], I should be able to re-
> assemble the array with these 7 disks using --force, leaving sde and sdf
> aside. Once the array is assembled, I should be able to re-add sde and sdf,
> and they will be re-sync'd.

Yes, that is the correct response.

Your situation is common.  Please see the thread this weekend started by
Franscisco Parada.

https://marc.info/?t=144691643300001&r=1&w=2&n=12

You should provide "smartctl -i -A -l scterc /dev/sdX" reports for your
drives.  If you can find an old syslog for when your two worst drives
fell out, it might help.

Phil