Re: Guidance on reshape stuck at 0% after --grow

On Mon, 21 Sep 2015, Guillaume Paumier wrote:

I'm looking for guidance regarding what to do next. I'm not sure
whether I should wait longer (how long?), or try to re-assemble the
seemingly-intact original array (how do I stop/restart the reshape
cleanly?), or something else. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

You're not the first one here with this problem.

I can't find it right now, but I believe someone issued --grow --continue on the array to get it out of the state that you have right now.

I don't know if it's this:

http://www.spinics.net/lists/raid/msg49077.html

I do not recommend a reboot or anything else, others have had problems with this. Also make sure you collect as much information as possible, mdadm --examine, copy the superblocks in binary form using dd to somewhere etc, so you can get back to the state where you are now.

Look through the mailing list archives from the past 6 months, you're not alone in having this problem.

--
Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike@xxxxxxxxx