Re: Fwd: Failed Raid6 Array.....want some guidance before attempting restart

Kernel....

Linux arandomserver1 3.12.10-300.fc20.x86_64 #1 SMP Thu Feb 6 22:11:48
UTC 2014 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

mdadm

mdadm-3.3-4.fc20.x86_64

I'll post the dmesg once the rebuild has finished.

This particular server is due to be upgraded/rebuilt next month (which
is why the backups are currently happening), generally I rebuild the
server on about a 2 year cycle for upgrades and minimise incremental
upgrades, mainly because experience has taught me that an up, stable,
un-interfered with server suffers less failures (hardware and
software) then one being rebooted every few months.

In 15+ years this is honestly the first time I can remember a server I
owned having a failure that happened during normal run...rather then
during an upgrade or reboot.

 Once again thanks for the help.