Re: Array died during grow; now resync stopped

On Wed, 4 Feb 2015 12:58:06 +0100 "Jörg Habenicht" <j.habenicht@xxxxxx> wrote:

> It works! :-)) The array syncs!

Excellent!

> > > $ cat /proc/1671/stack
> > > cat: /proc/1671/stack: No such file or directory
> >
> > I guess you don't have that feature compiled into your kernel.
>
> Guess so. I'm going to look to the missing CONFIG_ line.

CONFIG_STACKTRACE ... in case you haven't found it already.

> > And this is stuck in the same place.... what what is consuming all the
> > stripes I wonder....
>
> Do you like me to collect more information?

No thanks, the required information was further down.  They were all consumed
by the reshape (which needs at least twice the largest chunk size).

> > If you double it, the problem should go away.
> >
> > mdadm should  do that for you .... I wonder why it didn't.
> >

> Do you like to have more test results?

I had a look at the code and it was fairly obvious.  mdadm adjusts the stripe
cache based on the 'old' chunk size.  It never includes the 'new' chunk size
in those calculations.  I've made a note to fix that.

Thanks,
NeilBrown