Re: Lost raid 5 volume

Stop your raid with mdadm -S /dev/md0 or whatever your raid device name is.

Probably the safest thing to do is clone your drives with ddrescue.
You might also want to view your S.M.A.R.T. log with smarctl -a
/dev/sda or which ever is your device name.

After, what you'd need to start doing is taking a backup of mdadm
--examine /dev/sda1 or which ever partition is your partition used for
raid. This will give us info on you md superblock. Post this info and
from there we'll be able to see how everything is setup and have a
better idea of your current situation.