Re: auto assemble in read-only mode?

On Tue, 7 Oct 2014 02:56:31 -0400 Errol Neal <eneal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Mon, 10/06/2014 09:06 AM, Errol Neal <eneal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > hi folks. is it possible to assemble an md device in read-only mode?
> > after an array has been assembled, I know I can mark it as readonly with --misc -o /dev/md0 for example, but only after its been assembled it seems..
> >

> Hi again. No thoughts here?

Not even 18 hours since you last asked - what do you thing this is? The
Internet :-)

> I'm need to run a RAID1 device on two independent nodes (shared storage) and I'd like to assemble the device on the "slave" node in read-only mode to prevent any sync actions and etc.

Did you try adding the "--readonly" option to your --assemble command?
(Always best to report everything you tried and how it failed - requires less
guess work).

I hope you don't expect too much of a filesystem mounted from such an array
while the  other node is writing to the array...

NeilBrown