Re: Speeding up reading with RAID1 and --write-mostly

also sprach Roberto Spadim <roberto@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> [2014-09-13 13:56 +0200]:

also sprach NeilBrown <neilb@xxxxxxx> [2014-09-15 06:11 +0200]:
> It is a persistent cache though.

Oh cool, and it optimises writing too, I'll definitely will check it
out, thank you!

> But I suspect you will find that SD cards aren't really fast
> enough for your needs.  It wouldn't hurt to experiment on just an
> SD card and see how it performs.

Sure, and this will be much easier to set up. However, even my cheap
camera SD outperforms my rotational disk, especially with dmcrypt…

--
@martinkrafft | http://madduck.net/ | http://two.sentenc.es/

an egg has the shortest sex-life of all: if gets laid once; it gets
eaten once. it also has to come in a box with 11 others, and the
only person who will sit on its face is its mother.

spamtraps: madduck.bogus@xxxxxxxxxxx