Re: ext4 vs btrfs performance on SSD array

While I'm sure some of those settings were selected with good reason,
maybe there can be a few options (2 or 3) that have some basic
intelligence at creation to pick a more sane option.

Some checks to see if an option or two might be better suited for the
fs. Like the RAID5 stripe size. Leave the default as is, but maybe a
quick speed test to automatically choose from a handful of the most
common values. If they fail or nothing better is found, then apply the
default value just like it would now.