Re: Clone failed

On Sun, 10 Aug 2014 22:06:06 -0400 (EDT) Xiao Ni <xni@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi all
>
>    Could you help me about this? I tried to git clone git://git.neil.brown.name/md.git.
> But it always failed. I tried to search the way to resolve this, but I don't find the
> right method.
>
> [root@dhcp-12-129 aprilava]# git clone git://neil.brown.name/md
> Initialized empty Git repository in /home/neil/md/.git/
> remote: fatal: Out of memory, realloc failed
> remote: aborting due to possible repository corruption on the remote side.
> fatal: early EOF
> fatal: index-pack failed
>
>    What should I do? Could you help me?

You would probably be more successful if you cloned linux from some local git
tree and then just 'fetch'ed or 'pull'ed from my tree.

It seems that fetching the full tree now requires over a gigabyte of memory
on the server, and my VM only had that much.
I've added some swap so it should cope now if you really want to clone
entirely from my tree.

NeilBrown