AW: RAID6 - RMW logic

As you might have seen I posted a complete rmw patch to the mailing list.
It is the first test version with the "developer switch". Sorry for being very
defensive in that way. Working only one week with the md raid code I
wanted to ensure that nothing gets broken. Especially I had hard times to
figure out the logic of the async layer. Therefore I'm very unsure if a system
with hardware assisted P/Q calculation will benefit straight forward from
my patches.

Additionaly I thought about some corner cases that might work better with
one special switch option. To detect them automatically in md might be beyond
the scope of this patch.

Hopefully you can allay my concerns. If you like I can simply drop that switch
in the next version.

> NeilBrown

Thanks for your thoughts.

Markus

�ber das Internet versandte E-Mails können unter fremden Namen erstellt oder
manipuliert werden. Deshalb ist diese als E-Mail verschickte Nachricht keine
rechtsverbindliche Willenserklärung.

Collogia
Unternehmensberatung AG
Ubierring 11
D-50678 Köln

Vorstand:
Kadir Akin
Dr. Michael Höhnerbach

Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates:
Hans Kristian Langva

Registergericht: Amtsgericht Köln
Registernummer: HRB 52 497

e-mail is strictly forbidden.

e-mails sent over the internet may have been written under a wrong name or
been manipulated. That is why this message sent as an e-mail is not a
legally binding declaration of intention.

Collogia
Unternehmensberatung AG
Ubierring 11
D-50678 Köln