Re: Status of Tripe Parity RAID

On Sat, 2 Aug 2014 08:11:31 +0000 Ronny Egner
<ronnyegner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> i would like to ask about the status of Tripe Parity RAID.
>
> I´ve found some posts on the list from Andrea Mazzoleni dating back to
> 2013
> but after that nothing seemed to be moving.
>
> If this is currently not on the wish list i would like to add that as
> Feature Request :-)

If you want wishes fulfilled, you'll need to find a genie.

> Thanks Neil for this great piece of software.

Thanks, but of course it isn't just me.
RAID6 (i.e. double-parity raid) is a good case in point.
That was developed and tested and pushed by Peter Anvin, not at all by me.
I eventually merged his separate raid6main.c into raid5.c and then merged some
of the functions.  So I did some "maintainer" stuff, but didn't do the
development.   It is likely that Triple Parity RAID will only happen if
someone else steps up like Peter did, because I'm really not that interested.

So we don't need feature requests, we need code submissions.

NeilBrown