Poor performance with raid 0 with 2 devices at partition level

Hi

I have a some problems with a two disk raid 0 array using md. I two disks with advanced format 4096 physical/512 logical sector size. I have two partitions on two disks which are aligned on a divisible by 8 sector boundary. I run dd on each of the paritions using the sync mode, and the block dump tells me that it is writing 8 sectors at a time.  I get about 100+Mbytes/second. I create a raid array using the mdadm tools with chunk size of 128Kbytes and I check block dump and it tells me that it is writing 8 sectors at a time on the MD device. When I write to the md device I only get about 8Mbytes/second.  On the same machine using full disk raid configured using the intel firmware raid and read by MD I get about 200+ Mbytes/s write speed.

Is there anything that I am doing that is incorrect?

Cheers

Stevo 		 	   		  --