Re: Restoring a RAID 10 disk array

On 23/06/2014 05:04 μμ, Theodotos Andreou wrote:
Hi to all,

I have a RAID 1 RAID 10 setup that failed. I booted with a recovery usb (grml) to try to recover the system. Let me explain the setup to you.

This is my parted listing:

http://pastebin.com/6QdyXRQN

The first partitions (/dev/sd[ad]1) are for EFI. No RAID here

The second partitions (/dev/sd[ad]2) are the /boot filesystem. This used to be /dev/md0 and it is a RAID 1 setup.

The third partitions (/dev/sd[ad]3) is the LVM physical volume which hosts all the rest. It used to be /dev/md1 and it is a RAID 10 setup.

For the parted listing it looks like there is some partition table corruption on /dev/sdd.

When I try 'mdadm --verbose --assembly --scan' I get:

http://pastebin.com/iqGF9En7

The output of 'mdadm -Evvvvs' is:

http://pastebin.com/kizjT7xE

Assuming I replace the sdd disk and create the appropriate partition scheme, what is the correct methodology to restore my md devices? I don't care much about /dev/md0 but mostly for the /dev/md1 partition where there are all the data.

Regards

Theo
It turns out the sdd disk was unplugged and I mistakenly took the USB drive as the internal disk. This explains why the UUIDs did not match the device name.

After I plugged the sdd disk back all went back to normal.

So next time... Don't panic! :)

Sorry for the false alarm guys