Re: RAID newbie, 1 vs 5, chunk sizes

On 6/17/2014 4:09 AM, Nuno Magalhães wrote:
> The question remains: what are the implications of having 7200 drives
> and 5400 drives in a RAID1, 10 or 5? It'll be as slow as the slowest
> drive, correct? What about any syncing issues during a power outage?

You already know these answers.  At this point in the thread you're
seeking hand holding, not knowledge acquisition, or you simply like to
chat.  This list is not intended to be that type of resource.  That's
what web forums are for.

> Any takes on the Hitachis?

There are hundreds of drive models suitable for RAID use.  Each
manufacturer clearly identifies in their documentation which of their
drives fit the bill.  There really is no reason you should need to ask
on this list if drives from a particular manufacturer are suitable.  If
you're seeking consumer drives with ERC/TLER due to cost reasons, that's
not a technical issue, but a dollars issue, and not on topic here.

We understand this is your first RAID system, but at some point you have
to remove the training wheels from your bike.

Cheers,

Stan