RE: Recovering RAID set after OS disk failed

Hi Davide,

Open / ssh a console on your NAS box, and issue the following command and send us the results:
$ cat /proc/mdstat

Please also issue the following commands

mdadm --examine /dev/sdX[Y]

Where X is one of the raid drive's name and Y is the partition number, if you created the raid set on partitions. (If not, then leave the number.) So, for example (assuming that your OS drive is /dev/sda, so your raid drives are /dev/sdb, /dev/sdc and so on) issue the following commands:

$ mdadm --examine /dev/sdb
or
$ mdadm --examine /dev/sdb1

and so on for all 4 drives. And send back the results.

p.s.
Before everything else,  you might try  auto assembling th eset by:
$ mdadm -v --assemble --scan

It might assemble your raid set for you successfully out of the box.  (If not, send here the output.)
If this assembles your set successfully, then you just need to save your config in /etc/mdam/mdadm.conf, do an initramfs update and you are good to go.
So to save the config issue:
$ mdadm --examine --scan >> /etc/mdadm/mdadm.conf

then update initramfs so th eset will auto assmble on next boot:
$ update-initramfs -k all -u

Best regards,
Peter
: peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx