Re: Home desktop/server RAID upgrade

no problem using 3 hdd with raid1
about speed diference:
write speed is the same (slowest disk give the write speed of raid array)
read speed is the same (each disk have a mb/s rate)
but ... number of hdd heads is diferent, in other words, if you read,
part 1%-20%  40%-60% 90%-100% with 3 threads, you will end faster with
3 disks than with 2 disks
raid1 with many disks give you a better parallel read speed (more
disks = more heads = more read threads), but write speed is "the same"
as a single disk

Roberto Spadim