Re: Rebuilding a RAID5 array after drive (hardware) failure

>> - Can it be renamed to md0?
>
> Sure.
> If this is being assembled by the initrd, then either the initrd must set the
> hostname to "fileserver" before mdadm gets to assemble the array, or the
> initrd must contain an /etc/mdadm.conf which lists "/dev/md0" has having the
> UUID of this array.
>
> NeilBrown

I'm learning a few things the hard way here e.g. I had saved my
mdadm.conf to a file in the home folder of the default user so I could
reference it later if needs be - no flash, no file.  Next time email
it to myself.

If I were to run sudo update-initramfs -u would that restore things or
pretty much make md127 permanent.

In the event update-initramfs -u is not the way to go, it there an
example of a good mdadm.conf floating about that I can reference to
make the necessary changes?